Lsquared: Valdes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jury Question

4 posters

Go down

Jury Question Empty Jury Question

Post by JoeC 6/16/2017, 9:02 am

Hi guys I haven't been paying too much attention but I am still gonna take part right here. I want to know why I was voted out when I could've been such a good goat for y'all going in to the end of the game.
JoeC
JoeC

Back to top Go down

Jury Question Empty Re: Jury Question

Post by Nikki Anne-Marie 6/16/2017, 9:44 am

It's true Joe that at first glance you seemed like an easy person to take, not because you were actually bad at the game but because for whatever reason (maybe there were circumstances in your life where you just couldn't put in as much attention or effort anymore and it was no one's fault) you fell out of socializing and competing and even voting for a long time. However, I've faced more than one jury and they all react very differently. I used to think that you always take the person you think you can beat 100%, but prior experience has shown me that that isn't always the case.

Last year I was in a game with an all-female foursome. I was kind of the second in line in that I was strong physically, but socially there were a lot of people on the other side I didn't have a lot if interaction with. Then there were two other girls that were bad challenge-wise and also didn't have a lot to say strategically, they just kinda agreed with what you said and sometimes they didn't even vote. Our leader was a beast in challenges, had flipped over from the other side so had talked extensively with everyone and was pretty likable all around. A lot of people were angry at her for turning on them, but I knew that if people ignored old tribe lines and decided that she played the best game she could sweep in a unanimous vote. So when I won the final challenge I decided I couldn't take that risk. I mean, surely there was no way they were all still that bitter. They had to see that she was a bit better than me, and I took the girl perceived as a goat. Nice girl, loyal ally, but was seen as weak by the jurors, so a goat.

Well it turns out they were all stirring like hornets in their jury house of doom making up questions for the leader girl, including asking why she was such a bitch and how much her lady parts stank and all kinds of cruel things that had nothing to do with actual play. And they resented that I took that opportunity away from them and gave them such a "boring" final 2. So in a bid to punish me for taking away their fun and punish the host for casting a game they decided they had hated playing in, over half of them decided they were going to vote for the other girl. Not because they thought she had played better, but in their own words they thought this game had sucked so much they wanted it to have the worst winner possible. They wanted me to lose because it would have been funnier for me to lose against such an obvious goat and taking away their chance to bash the hell out of our alliance leader.

Did I think the jury in this game would be anywhere near that vicious? No. Most of them came off as pretty calm and accepting of their vote-off when it happened. But little things happening like John feeling betrayed and Hanna being mad did put in my mind that it was possible if I took you, they would feel so disrespected that you were there and not them (when in other games where I come from three penalties would have been enough to be expelled whether you were lurking or not) that they decided to vote you since because you didn't play much during the merge you hadn't actually pissed anyone off and hey, maybe they should throw you a few votes. You were also original Mara and I assumed that you talked with them at least a little bit early on. Some of them I hadn't exchanged more than a few words.

So yeah, looking at the layout now they seem to be pretty chill and not bitter. But little things built up and Chrissy came across to me as one of those people that wouldn't take it well if she was voted out before a person that she saw as doing nothing after merge. Hanna mentioned us possibly doing it after voting out and how it would be a bad idea. So I thought about it early on for a few minutes, but not for very long. You weren't a threat in the traditional sense at all, but if this jury turned out to be even half as angry as the one last year for taking a non-entity (no offense), you could have gotten some votes out of spite and that was a risk I wasn't willing to take.

Nikki Anne-Marie

Back to top Go down

Post by TamarBraxton 6/16/2017, 10:18 am

I would never wanna take a person playing for third . Whether I lose or win I want a respectable all the round best Player to win. Also there's no doubt in my mind that the jury would he mad that you were final 3 aND did nothing the second half of this game
TamarBraxton
TamarBraxton

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeC 6/16/2017, 11:58 am

Thanks guys. I respect wanting to not take the easy way out. Well done
JoeC
JoeC

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Teigen 6/16/2017, 1:05 pm

Hey Joe,

Although we were on the same side originally, after your inactivity I pushed for you/Ivy to be sent home just because as Nikki said, I'm the type of player who doesn't want to have inactives at the end. What fun is that? I think it cheapens the game, and waters down the win.

I wanted you to go over Taz the week that you left, because it was more likely for Taz to get on and vote in case I needed to try and save my ass then it would have been for you to get on and vote.
Chrissy Teigen
Chrissy Teigen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down