Lsquared: Valdes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confessionals

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Confessionals Empty Confessionals

Post by switza 5/11/2017, 3:20 pm

Use this area to discuss the game, share your thoughts, etc
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Confessionals Empty Re: Confessionals

Post by John Alwin 5/13/2017, 2:06 am

Hi, just wanted to ask a question about challenges. How will they work? Are they going to be live or over a few days or something? I'm UK-based so I might not be available for live events.
Thanks.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/13/2017, 7:04 am

Some will be live. Others will have a time limit to complete.
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/13/2017, 9:27 am

Cool, just be aware that I might not be present for some live challenges.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/14/2017, 5:40 am

First Impressions:
1. TJ
2. PePeLePew
3. PePeLePew
4. Tazz_DeMazz
5. PePeLewPew
6. TJ
7. TJ
8. PePeLewPew
9. AMackenz
10. PePeLewPew

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/14/2017, 8:21 am

No problem. You're not the only non-USA person playing.

Also feel free to change your answers to that survey as more people sign up. (if you feel it necessary)
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/14/2017, 2:24 pm

Yeah, there aren't too many active players yet! Thanks in advance for hosting this, by the way. Smile

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/16/2017, 6:35 am

If I ask for a group chat will this be public for all to see? Or just private for those in the chat?

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/16/2017, 6:45 am

private
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/16/2017, 7:41 am

Thanks!

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/16/2017, 10:40 am

Things have been a little strange over on Pichu...

We lost the first challenge and had to face Tribal Council right away. A lot of players have been pretty much inactive so there wasn't a clear first boot. I sent out a few messages asking who people wanted to vote off and I got two responses.

Tazz_DeMazz said that they were targetting NwPineapples for being the most inactive. Then IvyY responded, saying that she wasn't sure and wanted to know who I was considering voting for. I threw Pineapples out there to see her response. She then said that she would be voting for Olivia. I found this a bit weird. If you know who you want to vote for then why say that you're not sure and ask someone about it, only to then disagree with their suggestion and say you're voting for someone else? This is setting off all kinds of warning bells in my head because there might be some kind of alliance forming that I don't know about.

Just to be safe I told Tazz about it and voting Olivia, hoping to stay in the majority. Nikki spoke to me very early about forming an alliance so if there is a secret group forming based on who was active for the challenge then maybe she can get me in because she was there at the time. For the moment I'm just going to play it safe and pay close attention to what people say to me.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/16/2017, 1:40 pm

[Hi, can I have a group chat with AMackenz and TazzDeMazz please?]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/17/2017, 11:43 am

Well, I survived another Tribal Council but I'm still in trouble.

There was a lot of talk at tribal about inactivity and players not being present for the challenge. I can't be online at 2 a.m in the morning (seriously IvyY and Tazz, what is wrong with you?) so I'm a definite target. Thankfully AMackenz is less active than myself so he should be next to go if we lose another challenge.

I've joined an alliance with AMackenz and Tazz so I'm really hoping we can avoid AMackenz getting the boot but hey, it's better him than me. I don't know where I stand with Nikki and I'm unsure whether she's just using me.

If it turns out that there is a majority alliance in this tribe then I'll try to crack them open. It's harder to play from the bottom but I've still got plenty of tricks up my sleeve, just watch this space...

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/17/2017, 2:21 pm

[Can I get a chat with all the member of my original tribe please?]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/18/2017, 10:32 am

We merged! With 18 players still in the game, this was a huge twist. I've never been in a merge of this size and it definitely makes the game a LOT more complicated.

I'm sure that the other tribe are going to want to pick us off one-by-one because that's the simplest plan for them. The game is still in the early stages so no-one will want to make themselves a target by making big moves, therefore sticking together in a 10-person alliance is the best way for them to progress.

However, at this first vote, three of the opposing tribe are exempt, giving us a majority of 8-7. Bluenoki has been inactive so he can be relied upon to receive a penalty vote. For some reason, Tazz wanted to strike a deal with the other tribe to take out Bluenoki because he's inactive and 'Nobody wants a game with dead body's.'

First of all, that should be 'bodies' not 'body's'. Second, this is a merge! Taking out an inactive player is a terrible move. They're not a threat by any means! They will self-vote at every Tribal Council and they won't win any challenges. They're a great person to take further into the game.

I tried to rally our original tribe members to blindside someone from the other side. That way we would be 9-8 against us at the next vote, however with bluenoki self-voting it would be 8-8-1, giving us a chance to seize control of the game. This was definitely our best move, but unfortunately people didn't seem willing to make it. Some thought our tribe had too many inactive players to get the votes together. That makes sense, but it is definitely worth a try. It's better than just waiting around to get picked off.

I voted for T.J regardless. I honestly doubt that he will go home, but hopefully it will create enough paranoia to mess with the other tribe. It could completely backfire and make me a target if people start spreading that it was me who voted for him, but any play is better than no play in my book. I'm not going to be a sitting duck. I want to win the game.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/18/2017, 11:30 am

My amazing plan failed because TJ is exempt from Tribal Council. FAIL

Whatever, I'm still out for blood and I'm not giving up. I voted for Chrissy just to stir the pot a little.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 1:54 am

[Adam says he's locked out of his account. He messaged me on Discord asking what his username was.]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 1:58 am

So my masterplan failed. Even if I didn't mess up by targetting the wrong player, I don't think I had enough time to turn things around. Most player had already voted.

However, this time we might be able to get people together. Tazz finally started to regret not making a move at the last vote and realised that some members of original Mara were inactive, possibly allowing us to get the numbers. Better late than never, I guess.

I'm hoping that the other tribe aren't expecting a move and won't co-ordinate their votes against us. We might be able to steal this game right from underneath them at this Tribal Council. I just hope that my tribe can get it together.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 3:32 am

[Also, am I allowed to ask whether there is a Final Two or Final Three?]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 3:57 am

I'm expecting the vote to be either 6-5 or 6-6 in our favour. Even if the votes get tied we'll be fine because the inactive players won't participte in the revote. Then my tribe can take over the game from there.

I really thought I was in a bad position when we merged but turns out I could win this whole thing. If we manage to get our tribe in power then I'll be in control. I have a tight alliance with Nikki and Tazz so we'll be able to control the votes from there. We can use the original Mara tribe members to pull off blindsides on the other players in the alliance so that we're sitting in the majority within the alliance.

It all depends on this vote. If it goes my way then I'll have a path to get to the Final Three. If not then I could end up with a target on my back and be sent home faster than you can say 'overplayed'.

Here goes nothing.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/19/2017, 8:31 am

I emailed Adam his username, so hopefully he'll be able to get on.
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 10:37 am

This could not be more frustrating. Tazz has now changed his mind AGAIN and wants to pick off all the inactives because 'it's not fun keeping inactives untill deep in the game'. He's crazy.

Why isn't it fun? It's not like the game just stops. I tell you what isn't fun: Trying to organise a tribe of people who are either inactive or don't care about playing the game.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 2:29 pm

[Hey, when are votes being revealed?I know the deadline got changed but I'm not sure when it is]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/19/2017, 2:40 pm

will be up in a couple minutes
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/19/2017, 2:40 pm

[cool, thanks]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/20/2017, 12:34 pm

[hey, just wanted to say that you might have spoiled who voted for who by saying that the vote followed tribal lines... lol]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/20/2017, 12:41 pm

AW YEAHH

The vote went perfectly and PePe was sent packing. I'm feeling great right now. After thinking I was on the bottom, I managed to get everyone together and flip this game around.

Now all I need is for Pichi to stick together whilst I sink under the radar to avoid being a target for a big move. Hopefully the alliance doesn't see me as the leader because I was trying so hard to get the votes. I'm hoping that we can take out another active member of original Mara at the next vote so that we can continue to control them. The last thing I need is for someone inactive to log back in and then tie up the votes against us.

On the other hand, taking out an inactive player might also make sense. There is an idol out there somewhere along with a game advantage, so maybe we can try to draw them out at the next tribal so that they get wasted when an inactive goes home.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/21/2017, 11:22 am

Well, we're re-merging into two new tribes. Hopefully original Pichi will stick together and we'll get the majority on one of the tribe, allowing us to throw the challenges and vote out the enemy (otherwise known as original Mara).

I put out messages everywhere telling people that if they are in a good spot they should throw the challenge to help us stay in control. I really hope it doesn't come across badly. I'm just not entirely sure how good these people are at playing the game and I don't want someone else to screw up my chances of a win.

Am I overplaying it? Definitely. I'm the one making all the moves. I just hope it doesn't backfire.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/22/2017, 1:49 am

I ended up on a tribe with Tazz (YAY) as well as TJ and Chrissy. Unfortunately HALF OF OUR TRIBE is inactive which I guess is good news and bad news.

In terms of original Pichi and Mara, we are tied on both tribes. There are two of each on Pichi and four of each on Mara. The other tribe is looking much stronger because all of them are active, which means it is likely that we are going to Tribal Council a lot. If we wanted to then we could agree to just boot each of the inactive players one-by-one. Otherwise we will have to face a tie vote and go to rocks. I would imagine that the other tribe would try to avoid that by using the penalty votes each time.

There are other ways we could switch things up. We could agree to take out an inactive but then vote for a different inactive and try to go to rocks that way. It would be risky but totally worth it if we can boot TJ or Chrissy.

Nikki messaged me saying that she doesn't think people would be willing to throw the challenges because they might risk getting voted off.... I'm really starting to doubt how good these people are at the game. I'm just hoping that my old alliance doesn't defect to the new tribe and take us out, because anything is possible at this stage.

I'm really glad I got put on a tribe with Tazz. It allows me to build a lot of trust in my number 1 ally which is a great opportunity. We'll be working closely together throughout this stretch of the game.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/23/2017, 1:59 am

Amazing! Hanna messed up on the challenge so we won Immunity. I'm expecting a 4-4 tie on the other tribe so that will be very interesting. Fingers crossed that an original Mara member goes home.

On this tribe we get to vote someone for exemption which is tricky... Ideally we'd get the votes for Chrissy or T.J so that at future Tribal Councils we have more control. The problem is that someone can almost always force a tie on this tribe using penalty votes. Going to rocks would be suicide because the remaining player from their side would be immune from them.

It would only be useful if we merged whilst one of them is exempt, allowing us the numbers. I asked if there were any volunteers and hopefully someone is up for it. I'm not sure how a tiebreaker would work!

Along with all of this I'm still struggling through people telling me 'It's no fun with inactives' and OH MY DAYS PLEASE STOP.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/23/2017, 2:00 am

[Question, what happens in the event of a tie for exemption?]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/24/2017, 9:42 am

Well I made the merge (again) and the best news is that I HAVE THE NUMBERS! We have 6-5 right now, unless you count Elliot Stabler who for some reason wasn't kicked out for being inactive #rigged

I'm going to stay as quiet as possible for now whilst trying to keep the team together. We can Pagong these suckers whilst I wait in the background, plotting my next move.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/24/2017, 12:13 pm

Ah. Nikki has exemption from tribal. I'm not sure how Pichi allowed this to happen with a 4-3 majority but alas, it happened. Now we're 5-5 with numbers so we need to work something quick. Hopefully we can use Elliot's vote to get past this tribal without facing a tie. I just hope that no-one leaks this to the other side because then we might see an idol played.

Nikki thinks her exemption doesn't count anymore, bless her heart.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/24/2017, 12:50 pm

I'm constantly biting my lip in this game. I want to just lay out the strategy and tell everyone else what to do but that is a sure way to get myself booted.

I want to tell everyone to pile their coins into one player so that we have immunity on our side in case we go to rocks, increasing our chances for success. But equally I don't want to fill the chat with messages of me telling everyone what to do without a chance for them to chip in.

I also want to ask everyone to tell us publicly if they have an idol or the game advantage to help us plan out our votes but again that is probably a bit too much for some players.

If I keep putting myself out there then I make myself more visible and more of a threat. But if I keep all of this to myself then there is no guarantee that someone will figure it out and organise everyone. This is highly frustrating.

From what I've seen, IvyY is a solid player. She seems to have a good idea of what to do so she's definitely an asset at the moment. Unfortunately this also makes her a target later on down the road. I'll keep watching her and see what she does.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/24/2017, 12:54 pm

[Question: So I have to post a list of how I am distributing ALL 100 coins? Example:

Tazz 25 coins
Nikki 30 coins
etc..

Adding up to 100? And everyone must get at least 1?

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/24/2017, 1:16 pm

Tazz can't even do maths...

I said we can each give 90 coins to one person. Then Tazz said 'Aren't there 12 people in the game now? And we have to give each at least one coin so prob each of us gives the assigned person 89 coins.'

FAIL

There are 12 people including yourself. So you give 1 coin to 10 people and you have 90 coins left to give to the last person.

Come on, Tazz....

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/24/2017, 1:17 pm

And Tazz thinks T.J is immune at this tribal. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/24/2017, 1:51 pm

John Alwin wrote:[Question: So I have to post a list of how I am distributing ALL 100 coins? Example:

Tazz 25 coins
Nikki 30 coins
etc..

Adding up to 100? And everyone must get at least 1?

this is correct
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/25/2017, 9:28 am

Okay, okay, Things are heating up. T.J just declared that he would be using a Vote Steal on Nikki.

We have two options. We can target one of them and face the rock draw, or we can target Elliot and try to get the votes that way. A while back I messaged T.J asking who he wanted to target and he said that he didn't want to tell me in case we were trying to find out who to use the idol on. This means that either Mara 1.0 doesn't have the idol or T.J doesn't know about it.

Voting for Elliot might be the right thing to do, but it is risky because they might play an idol on him... Fingers crossed, I guess.

Either way I'm sitting here on panic mode. No-one from my tribe is posting anything in our chat so I'm definitely worried...

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/25/2017, 1:12 pm

I've come to the conclusion that T.J is either a genius making the best move I've ever seen in Survivor, or he's not so smart.

If it ends up that he's telling the truth, then why tell us? It would have been a surprise 5-5 tie which we couldn't get out of. Maybe he's just trying to divide us. I don't know.

I tried to get my tribe to vote Elliot because I'm willing to bet that T.J doesn't have the idol. I keep changing my mind about this because T.J had NO reason to tell us about this if he's telling the truth.

I'm hoping that he's a bad player and sticking with voting for Elliot. Please, please let this work out.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/26/2017, 11:14 am

Whoo! Tribal went without a hitch and we voted off Elliot. Now only the active players are left in the game. IvyY submitted another penalty vote which could be bad for us, however JoeC and Chrissy also submitted penalty votes so we should be able to retain our majority.

Things started to get a little more interesting when Chrissy reached out to me. She said that she was taking a big risk but she wanted to shake up the game and make it interesting. She claims that she doesn't have many connections and she wants to make a move.

I decided to work my magic and gain a new ally on the other side. I proposed that we start to work together and share information and that we try to avoid our tribes targetting one of us. We'll both try to suggest other targets and hope to keep each other alive that way.

I know that forming an alliance on the other side is a shady move but I honestly feel that Chrissy is being genuine. Even if this somehow backfires and word gets out, I'm sure that I could just lie about it and claim that the minority is attempting to get us to turn on each other. For now, I'll keep Chrissy around as a potential ally for a later move.

Challenge time! We get a choice between the necklace and the idol. My choice? Neither! I deliberately threw the challenge and submitted an awful score. I am trying to avoid becoming overly visible in the game, so winning a challenge or playing an idol is definitely out of the question. I'm hoping that players start to play more aggressively just like T.J did at Tribal Council, allowing me to avoid being the target. I can keep players around as shields and then cut them right before the end.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/26/2017, 11:34 am

[Hi, can I ask if it's Final 2 or 3? Will you tell us?]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/26/2017, 11:51 am

i would not
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/29/2017, 12:51 pm

It's a simple vote for Jake but paranoia is starting to build.

It's easy to look at who is online at the same time and form wild theories of new alliances and secret deals. Maybe they're talking about me. Maybe they're going to blindside me...

Somehow Chrissy knew exactly who we were voting for. When I saw her message I freaked out! Who told her? Was it T.J? Is Chrissy just making it up? Will there be an idol play tonight??

Whatever happens, I need to sit tight and avoid panicking. Whoever makes the first big move will get blindsided. I can't be the first.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/29/2017, 2:44 pm

It's important to listen carefully to everything someone says in this game. But it's equally important to pay attention to what people don't say.

When discussing votes for tribal, Tazz lists TJ and Hanna as threats and then Jake and Joe as safer targets to avoid an idol. Why didn't he mention Chrissy? I'm putting two and two together and assuming that Tazz has had a similar message from Chrissy about making a move. I decided to test him out and I told him some of my information in the hope that he mentions something about Chrissy. If not then my trust in him would waver along with my trust in Chrissy.

I was pretty quick to trust Chrissy but I'm backtracking now. Anyone in the Mara tribe would throw me under the bus just to survive.

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/29/2017, 2:46 pm

Nikki is way too hard to get a read on. She's always very blunt and I'm not sure if she's being sketchy or if it's just the way she acts. I'm willing to trust her a little but not too much. She's the target of the other side so she would be helpful to bring along. Watch this space...

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/31/2017, 8:00 am

[Can I ask, providing evidence and screenshots of conversations is definitely not allowed, right?]

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/31/2017, 8:13 am

there isn't anything in the rules against it. I'm not a fan of it, but I really can't prevent it in PMs.
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Alwin 5/31/2017, 8:15 am

what that's so unfairrrrr

John Alwin

Back to top Go down

Post by switza 5/31/2017, 8:21 am

I agree that it is an underhanded thing to do, and have always requested people not do it. But there is no way for me to monitor PMs.
switza
switza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next